UROsphere has recently established a scientific collaboration with Dr. Julien Allard, Founder and Chief Scientific Officer of E-Phys, an in vivo electrophysiological platform located in Clermont-Ferrand (France).
Thanks to the scientific and technical expertise of Dr. Allard, an internationally reputed scientist specialized in the study of male and female sexual function, UROsphere can now offer experimental models for the assessment of drug treatment on erectile function in rats or mice:
- Drug induced penile erection in anesthetized rats.
- Drug induced facilitation/inhibition of penile erection generated by stimulation of the cavernous nerve in anesthetized rats or mice (control animals).
- Drug induced facilitation/inhibition of penile erection generated by stimulation of the cavernous nerve in anesthetized db/db mice, a model of type II diabetes erectile dysfunctions.
Internal research programs are ongoing in order to implement this offer and propose new models:
- Facilitation of electrically induced penile erection in anesthetized streptozotocin diabetic rat, a model of type I diabetes erectile dysfunction.
- Measure of bulbocavernosus reflex in anesthetised rats and mice.